Welcome to the Division of Continuous Professional Learning (CPL), a division of the Office of Education within the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry at the University of Alberta.
CPL is dedicated to promoting Continuing Medical Education (CME) for physicians and specialists working in urban and rural areas across Alberta. A variety of programs and services are offered to ensure that medical professionals’ learning needs are fully addressed.
CPL works independently and collaboratively with other departments and university partners to deliver its programs. CPL staff members are happy to discuss any questions regarding these services. Call our general line at 780-248-5844 or visit the contact us section.
Maximizing health through optimal health professional education.
To help health professionals optimize patient health through professional learning opportunities and education research.
- Enhance the continuous professional learning of physicians and allied health practitioners
- Respond to the environments of learners, patients and communities
- Develop and manage educational resources with highest professional and ethical standards
- Provide excellence in program design and delivery through innovative and evidence- based approaches
- Collaborate with academic and community partners across the health system, fostering cooperation and inclusiveness
- Develop, integrate and disseminate educational research